|Download the game - what?!|
|Hmm.. downloading the game is not that hard. Perhaps you've already done this. For those who don't know how to:|
- Go to the download page as shown in the left pane.
- Locate the group gemhun.
- Locate the release date 20040529.
- Ask yourself if you want to install the rpm-, the binary- or the do-it-yourself-version.
Note: If a rpm failes to install or run, you might want to try to compile it for yourself. For this, get the src-rpms from the download-page and do something like this as root:
- rpm --rebuild -ba kyra-2.0.7-1mdk.i586.rpm
- rpm -Uvh /path/to/written/rpm/kyra-2.0.7-1mdk.i586.rpm
- rpm --rebuild -ba GemHunters-20040529-1mdk.i586.rpm
- rpm -Uvh /path/to/written/rpm/GemHunters-20040529-1mdk.i586.rpm
Binary rpm download: ( suitable for most users, build on Mandrake 9.1 / RedHat compatible )
Binary non-packaged download: ( suitable for a little bit experienced users - precompiled )
Source download: ( suitable for experienced users like developers )
- Download SDL 1.2+, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_net from the SDL website. Also download the relating devel packages.
Note that SDL is beeing distributed along most popular distributions like Mandrake, Gentoo, RedHat or SuSE.
- Download ncurses - sorry not yet optional :) also get the devel-package! (these should also be found in your distro)
- Get Kyra 2.x ( I'm always using the latest one ).
- Download the file called GemHunters-src-20040529.tar.gz .
Proceed to the install section.
|Shots from release||20031016|
this one was the former titlescreen... my beloved one likes this one more than the other... one can also see the new pax-selection-menu :)
just thought, that this would be nice. those gems will be replaced by leaves or something...
updated this one for menu-selection-support. download it from here (slow)