|Download the game - what?!|
|Hmm.. downloading the game is not that hard. Perhaps you've already done this. For those who don't know how to:|
- Go to the download page as shown in the left pane.
- Locate the group gemhun.
- Locate the release date 20040529.
- Ask yourself if you want to install the rpm-, the binary- or the do-it-yourself-version.
Note: If a rpm failes to install or run, you might want to try to compile it for yourself. For this, get the src-rpms from the download-page and do something like this as root:
- rpm --rebuild -ba kyra-2.0.7-1mdk.i586.rpm
- rpm -Uvh /path/to/written/rpm/kyra-2.0.7-1mdk.i586.rpm
- rpm --rebuild -ba GemHunters-20040529-1mdk.i586.rpm
- rpm -Uvh /path/to/written/rpm/GemHunters-20040529-1mdk.i586.rpm
Binary rpm download: ( suitable for most users, build on Mandrake 9.1 / RedHat compatible )
Binary non-packaged download: ( suitable for a little bit experienced users - precompiled )
Source download: ( suitable for experienced users like developers )
- Download SDL 1.2+, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_net from the SDL website. Also download the relating devel packages.
Note that SDL is beeing distributed along most popular distributions like Mandrake, Gentoo, RedHat or SuSE.
- Download ncurses - sorry not yet optional :) also get the devel-package! (these should also be found in your distro)
- Get Kyra 2.x ( I'm always using the latest one ).
- Download the file called GemHunters-src-20040529.tar.gz .
Proceed to the install section.
|Shots from release||20031012|
background etc will be redesigned...
included in data and source package
addon-pax made for my beloved one ( because of this copyrighted background it can't be downloaded from the sourceforge website but from here (slow) )
stars in the night
addon-pax made with a beautiful background :) ( read this and download it here )